Absolutely Chardonnay: this cuvée is frank and almost mineral. An agreeable toasted note enfolds the wine. The nose is complex; the wine is frank, structured and long on the palate, offering some acidity which recalls the citrus aromas. The finish is more mineral and chalky.
- Plots : Les Grands Blancs
- Blend : 100% Chardonnay (including 20% reserve wines)
- Vinification : 40% barrels aged less than 4 years and 60% barrels aged over 4 years. No malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing : in the bottle, 6 years on lees
- Dosage : 6 g per liter
- Disgorging : more than 6 months
- Harvest : 2009
"The latest rendition of the NV Brut Blanc Absolu is based on the 2012 vintage, complemented by 18% reserve wines from 2011, and was vinified in wood without malolactic fermentation. Offering up a lovely bouquet of citrus oil, hazelnut, crisp green apple and wet stones, it's full-bodied, vinous and intense, with a racy spine of acidity, superb depth at the core and a delicate mousse. Long and penetrating, this concentrated but weightless Blanc de Blancs is another brilliant wine. It was disgorged in November 2018 with 5.5 grams per liter dosage. The cuvée Blanc Absolu derives from two parcels of Chardonnay: an ungrafted plot planted in 1972 and another grafted parcel planted a year later."
WA 94 Pts
James Suckling 92 Pts